Wednesday 22 February 2017

AGAPE LOVE




 
The ocean roar with a thunderous splash
The birds rejoice as they perch from branch to branch
The sky spreads its blanket beaming with smiles of affection
The flowers blossom displaying forth its colours of beauty

The rivers flow steadily down the mountains
The grasses raise their hands high in total admiration
The eagles soar fearlessly high unto the sky
And the bees buzz in their little homely honeycombs



There is love in the air and yes I can feel it
Even the children are not left out in this wonderful celebration
And the elders reminisce on their youthful moments
Everywhere I turned to is painted red and white
Roses, cards, chocolates, hampers are a common sight

It is the period of love
A period of total commitment and tranquility
Where love sees neither bounds nor hurdles
Where love is immune to challenges and distrust
Where love is blameless and without blemish
Where love sees no errors and shortcomings
Where love is actually blind

Hear me out you lovebirds
For I am not talking about the kind of love
A mother shows to her beloved baby
Neither is it the one observed from a newly wedded couple
Nor the kind of love usually portrayed in Nollywood movies

I am talking about a love far greater than these
A love of inestimate and immeasurable values
The love of our Lord Jesus Christ
A love having impeccable qualities
The agape kind of love



See I never believed in this thing called love
Until He found me and showed me one
He took me by the hand and showed me
What love truly means

He said to me, ‘cast all your burden upon me and I shall give you rest’
What manner of man is He?
For I knew Him not, yet He loves me
I wanted Him dead, yet He gave me life
I despise Him, yet He found me worthy
I hurled causes and spat on Him, yet He blesses me

What more could I have asked for
When He laid down His life for a sinner man like me?
I felt worthless, I felt filth, I felt lost
But He put a cloak round my body
And gave me a smile of assurance

Yeah I know that my iniquities serves as a reproach
He removed every element of barriers so that I can be free
Though my weakness stinks to high heavens
But He looked down and said "it is you I want''

Which is why I marveled at His greatness
His simplicity left me dumbfounded
His uniqueness is a nature I dearly adore
His humbleness is second to non

Jesus portrayed all these so that we might emulate
Which is why I frown at the ethics of our churches
Because the principles of Jesus and the conducts of our churches
Are in total disparity
Our houses are in shambles and ruin
yet we go to sleep unperturbed

Though we preach love in our churches
But it is another thing we practise
instead of building with bricks of love that strengthens brotherhood
We built deceitful walls that fuels our hatred for one another
And then we maliciously say "I love my neighbour!''


Because if flower is a symbol for love
Then the church supposed to be a bouquet
It is not a ceremonial gathering to display expensive clothing's
But a place where destitute find solace
Of what use is our harvest
When the little boy down street suffers starvation?
Of what use is our opulence
When the little girl in our neighborhood is still clothed in rags?

Back to the point, one thing is vital to note
Do you say that yo're in love just because he gifted you a luxurious car?
Do you say you're in love just because she promised you great sex tonight?
Why must we continue to live under the shadow of purity
When our utmost priceless treasure is for sale to the highest bidder
It’s like saying your ill gotten riches is one means to a wealthy lifestyle
When the end thereof is destruction
See, this was me too, trying to hide under facade of love
But now that I met Jesus, I realized that I was in lust
Because love shouldn't be an item measured only once during a year
But a continuous process of mutual understanding and commitment
It is not a thing that requires some of you
It is a thing that requires all of you

Let get this one thing straight
How the love of Jesus and the love of man are two separate spectrum
See one is an act of conception, the other a myriad of deception
One is a conviction, the other a condition
One accommodates all our excesses, the other liquidates all our assets
And that's why devil and his agents
Have continuously played on the gullibility of the youth
In a scheme which I termed "sham love - fake love''

Let me let you in on a little secret
What happens if at His second coming, He eventually got killed again?
I bet you, even on His dying bed
He would still love us again, again and again!
This is not a fallacious fabrication
 I knew this for a fact!
Because Jesus is Love!


NOTE: Kindly wait for the audio. It promises to be inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment