Sunday 26 March 2017

My Mama



Who know the sweetest one in this world?
As sweet as honey could ever be
People call her a woman of humbleness
But I call her a woman of diligence
Some say she is a woman of honour
But I call her a woman of valour
When I look into her eyes
It is love that I see
And when you look into my life
It is her that you'll see

Blessed are you among the women
And blessed is the fruits of your womb
A rare gem with a godly splendour
Who rocked my craddle bed and sang lullabies
That I may fall asleep
She overwhelms me with her benevolence
And her sweet words are like fine wines
That cushions the the heart of a weary soul
She heard my voice when I cried
And wiped my tears with the hem of her dress

My Mama-a poem

I will worship you at your feet
And sing your praises at your table
Your scarf shall be made with the finest of linens
And your hands decorated with a pearl of precious stones
I'll adorn your neck with jewelries and gold
And never again shall your feet know the coarseness of sand
Even in your old age, I'll be to you a pillar of support
And when your limbs grow weak, I'll be to you a pillar of strength

This is what I ask of thee oh Lord!
And this is what I seek
That You shall bless and bless her indeed
Enlarge her coast as far as the eyes can see
And let her glory shine to the world like the the horizon rising from in the east.

Celebrating My Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment